showcasing my (mainly old school) Conan the Barbarian miniatures, with the odd game thrown in.

showcasing my (mainly old school) Conan the Barbarian miniatures, with the odd game thrown in.
"In the time before the mortgage drank the paycheque, and the rise of the three children, was an age still dreamed of. And unto this came Springinsfeld, destined to paint little lead soldiers and push them round the table."

Thursday 27 February 2014

NEMEDIAN FIREPOWER

As far as I can make out, the Conan books make it clear that the Nemedians use crossbows (arbalasts) as a pose to the Aquilonian use of Bossonian archers. Royal Armies of the Hyborian Age however states that bows are invariably used, and the Garrison range follows the Rules list and only manufactures archers. Happily though , they make some nice crossbowmen in their medieval range, so I painted ten of each.







2 comments:

  1. Great to see the Conan blog up at last and I do love your old school miniatures. They have a unique richness all their own without the modern stylised glitz. Love the blog. Do hope you get a battle up soon with these beautifully painted figs. I must dig out my old copy of 'Royal Armies...'. I'm becoming inspired to do something.

    Actually, I might even dig out my old copy of 'Chainmail' and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete