showcasing my (mainly old school) Conan the Barbarian miniatures, with the odd game thrown in.

showcasing my (mainly old school) Conan the Barbarian miniatures, with the odd game thrown in.
"In the time before the mortgage drank the paycheque, and the rise of the three children, was an age still dreamed of. And unto this came Springinsfeld, destined to paint little lead soldiers and push them round the table."

Thursday 31 December 2015

POITANIAN KNIGHTS

Squeezing one last post into 2015, I have painted up a few more knights as I have an upcoming GAME!!! in early 2016.

To bump up the Aquilonians, we have here some of the knights of Poitan, armed with their trademark 2 handed swords (difficult to use on horseback I should think). Royal Armies of the Hyborian Age states the heraldry of Poitan is a silver leopard on a red field. I used a deeper red to distinguish them from the Nemedians.



There aren't many mounted knights with 2-handed swords around, but these home cast Price August figures fit the bill. I bought these on ebay, but have since got the moulds (the horse is from a skeleton knight mould) as I hope to do a lot more home casting of fantasy figures .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


13 comments:

  1. Very nice. I thought I recognised those old Prince August moulds - looks really good with the Aquilonian treatment.

    I have a pile of these moulds somewhere after a visit to the factory in 05 (all I can remember is that there were piles of lead everywhere!!!). Let me know if there is something you can't get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duc, a kind offer. I'm not sure what moulds have been available in the past that are no longer in production, apart from an elusive fantasy foot knights one I am keen to get (3 Hundred Years was style knights). Any of the fantasy moulds you are keen to move on will be well used !!

      Delete
    2. Right. I'll have a look and see what I can find.

      Delete
  2. Great looking figures. Will you be using Dragon Rampant perchance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan...in fact we are using 'one hour wargames'.

      Delete
  3. A happy New Year to you and yours, Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony, and to you. A new year of soldier related fun.

      Delete
  4. Very nicely executed and quite distinctive !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, You might find the Temple of Set Indiegogo campaign of interest. Lots of miniatures that are inspired by the 1982 Conan film but with a bit of an Egyptian twist.
    Link https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/temple-of-set-miniatures#/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always wanted to do this since I first saw the ads in Military Modelling (I think) in my youth.

    ReplyDelete